Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Years Resolutions and a Prayer Request

Hello to the three people who still check this blog periodically. I guess one of my new years resolutions is to try and blog much more regularly. I'd like at a minimum to get on a weekly plan. We'll see how that goes. I'm also supposed to start working out.

So I don't know if anyone has been following the happenings in Kenya, but it's pretty serious over there right now. You ought to head on over to your favorite news site and learn up. One of my dearest friends is studying Arabic in Cairo to prepare for a life of ministry in the middle east. His sister is doing ministry work in Kenya. He had just arrived on break to visit her in Kenya when the rioting broke out. They ended up literally run for their lives. God provided as always and lead them into the hands of another missionary family who gave them safe hiding. However, they are kind of trapped in a dangerous and unstable situation. Please pray for their safety.

God's been nudging my heart towards the nations. I have no idea where it's going. Perhaps merely to committed prayer. Bye bye for now.

3 comments:

Cameron said...

I suppose I am one of the few, the proud, the regular readers of Roland's Meditations. I would love to see weekly posts, although it looks like you're a couple of weeks behind. Get on it, man--I need my regular dosage of Roland!

Aletha said...

I, too, am one of the few. I'm praying for your friend in Kenya!

russ said...

i'm so jazzed you have a blog. i will be an eager reader now...especially since i'm featured! ha! do you have skype? i'm russ.merritt (i know, kinda difficult). much love.